Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Jeep, Don't Fail Me Now

I am rapidly driving across our great and sovereign nation, so there is little time to blog. I really enjoy seeing the country, however -- it never ceases to amaze me how geographically massive and diverse America is. Tonight I am in Morgantown, West Virginia, a mountain town/college town tucked in between beautiful rolling Appalacian hills. Tomorrow I make the final descent into the D.C. Metro (known by some affectionatly as "Gondor" or "Mordor, depending on your perspective, though certainly not "The Shire").

As I'm sitting in my hotel tonight I got a chance to listen to a thought/prayer-provoking message delivered by Pastor Steve Hickey of Church at the Gate in Sioux Falls, SoDak, titled the Days of Noah. It's worth a listen, and I'd be interested in people's thoughts.

Also worth perusing is the link on the sidebar titled "Spengler"--a pseudonymous writer for the Asia Times, who has garnered something of a cult following for his fairly uncommon insights into world affairs. The trick is that people have been trying to figure out who he actually is for about four years now. Guesses range from "Orthodox Jew living in Australia" to "American Evangelical Christian" to "German philosophy/theology professor" to "Henry Kissinger."

Check out his fictional dialogue between Russian President Vladamir Putin and President Bush on Russo-American relations.

Both hilarious and disturbing, this Spengler.

BC

No comments: